Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March Madness Is Right


Besides Fantasy Football, this time of year is my favorite time for sports. I have already filled out 11 separate NCAA tourney brackets and plan to do many more before Thursday is locked in. I wanted to extend the invitation to everyone to join the group I created at espn.com. Search for "The Jami Warner Group" password: jwoo.

As I've been doing some research and learning more about the teams in the tournament, I also found an interesting fact: As college basketball's NCAA Tournament begins, workers around the country will be taking timeout from their jobs to fill out the brackets. Some studies show that companies could lose nearly a billion dollars worth of productivity during the three weeks of March Madness.

I can 100% attest to this statement, as I have now been at work for 4 hours and have done 0 hours of actual work. I can only imagine what hours other fanatics put into it. It's a time consuming activity to get involved in but it is well worth the effort when those games get started. And since I'm on the clock, I'm getting paid to do it :)

My one hope this time around is that BYU will do their best not to choke as they usually do. Even though I'm a huge fan, I picked them to lose last year and sure enough, they did. This year I have a little more confidence in them to win the first game, but after that it's not looking good. I will bite my tongue if they become this year's Cinderella team.


(My favorite BYU player: Lee Cummard)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yay James! Congrats on joining the blog world. =) So don't worry about not having interesting stuff to put on here cuz you don't have kids, it'll be fun someday to look back and read what life was like BEFORE kids, since it seems that memory fades fast. Go cougars! Unfortunately I don't have much faith in them either, but, hey, go cougars. =)