Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chicken Curry in a Hurry

I don't know where my mom got this recipe but it's my latest favorite and it's so easy to make.

1 1/2 TBS olive oil
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 c. plain yogurt
3/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 rotisserie chicken
2 c. cooked white rice
1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves (which I hate and don't add, still great without)

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion & cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 mins. Sprinkle with the curry powder & cook, stirring for 1 min. Add the yogurt & cream & simmer gently for 3 mins. Stir in the salt, pepper & tomatoes. Remove from heat. Slice or shread chicken, discarding skin & bones. Divide the rice & chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top & sprinkle with cilantro. (I just added the chicken to the sauce, makes no difference I'm sure).

Hope you like it as much as I do!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Oooh I'm glad you posted this, because I keep forgetting to ask Mom for it.

Loni said...

You are so weird that you don't like cilantro!!

I just watched Avatar for the first time, the whole time I was thinking about the picture of the ice skater you posted.
Hope Philly's treating you well, my cousin just moved away from there.

Cait said...

Yum, I am going to have to try it. Our apartment always smells like curry so I figure it would be okay for me to add to it. Plus Danny loves indian food :-) Hope things are going well for you guys!

Krista said...

I'll post more like that that are quick and yummy and easy. This is a good one, just found it in a magazines. Doesn't sound like you have much time to cook. Crock pots are great. Karen has some good ones.